Today a new board has been announced by Raspberry PI Foundation.
It is quite different from previous ones because it integrates keyboard and Raspberry PI into a single device able to create a complete desktop computer with a monitor.
It has been named Raspberry PI 400.
I really like it because remembers to me my beloved Commodore 64!
This will be sold both as complete kit (with a mouse, power supply, micro HDMI to HDMI cable, and SD card preloaded with Raspberry Pi OS) as well as standalone device.
Raspberry Pi 400 incorporates a board based on Raspberry Pi 4, with some design addictional technical measures to improve thermals to keep this device cool and silent.
The same 40-PINS GPIO is designed to be exposed on back of keyboard.
Keyboard layout will be available in UK and US English, Spanish, French, German, and Italian. Other variants will come.
Hardware specs currently listed are:
- Broadcom BCM2711 quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.8GHz
- 4GB LPDDR4-3200
- Dual-band (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz) IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 × USB 3.0 and 1 × USB 2.0 ports
- Horizontal 40-pin GPIO header
- 2 × micro HDMI ports (supports up to 4Kp60)
- H.265 (4Kp60 decode); H.264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode); OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics
- MicroSD card slot for operating system and data storage
- 78- or 79-key compact keyboard (depending on regional variant)
- 5V DC via USB connector
- Operating temperature: 0°C to +50°C ambient
- Maximum dimensions 286 mm × 122 mm × 23 mm
Waiting to see it available soon on Amazon Stores at Raspberry PI 400 search list.
In the meanwhile, you can check Raspberry PI official page for available sellers.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?